Thursday, April 16, 2009

What I think about lawyers...

I don’t personally know any lawyers although I know they can be very harsh at times. I think that if they’re defending someone that deserves every right given to them, it’s admirable. But it’s terrible when the defendant has committed a serious, heinous crime and is let off with a pat on the back because they have a seriously “kick-ass” lawyer. I guess it all depends on the situation. But basically all my opinions are based on what I see on T.V., honestly. And what I see is some very good lawyers who know the law from front to back and know how to talk up a good game who can win almost any case. Or on the opposite end, there’s the lawyer who people love to hate because they’re working for the bad guys or they’re on the wrong team according to the general audiences values and morals.
Lawyers are supposed to be there to defend our rights. Everyone has them and everyone deserves a chance at some point in life, right? But when it comes to seeing people that don’t even qualify to live among other human beings, doing the crime that may be punishable to death, get off and let back into society among us and among children, really sickens me to my stomach. There is no way in the world that I would be able to ever defend someone who didn’t deserve a second chance, no matter how much they paid me. People that commit these terrible crimes just don’t even merit a second look to repair in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment